SCOBEY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
205 2nd Ave E Scobey MT 59263
THE CALENDAR PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
OPEN GYM SCHEDULING:
We will continue with past practice. Any school activity i.e. sports, band, choir, etc. holds precedence for facility use. Beyond school activities open gym will be treated as open gym. We do not schedule gym time for outside groups, unless it is a larger event such as the SIT tournament, a concert, or the like. I understand people are wanting specific times but we do not have the resources or time to manage. the community's use of the facility is important, however keep in mind the wear and tear that occurs. With that please do your best to share the facility. If you do not need a court for activities, allow those who do and visa versa.
|BEGINNING JULY 1, 2017 YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN A NEW FACILITY USE AGREEMENT AND PAY THE ANNUAL FEE TO ACCESS THE SCHOOL FACILITIES. FINGERPRINT ACCESS WILL NO LONGER WORK UNTIL THIS HAS BEEN COMPLETED. |
|SCHOOL FACILITY USAGE |
Absolutely no Junior High Students may use the weight room or gym without adult supervision. Any students or non-students in Grade 8 or below MUST be accompanied by an adult when using these facilities. There are NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
|YEARBOOK PRESALES |
Reserve your 2016-2017 Yearbook now! Cost is $30.00 each. Pay at the office. Also, when you purchase a 16-17 yearbook, your 15-16 Yearbooks will cost just $15.00 each.
|7/10/27 - 8/4/17 Gyms are closed for refinishing|
With the involvement of the entire community, the mission of Scobey Schools is to develop responsible individuals who will respect themselves and the rights of others and to insure educational opportunities for all students which will enable them to achieve success in an ever changing society and to become lifelong learners.
|8/7/17||JH/HS Football Parent Meeting in the Commons at 7:00 pm|
|8/10/17||HS FB Equipment checkout at the school at 7:00 pm|
1st Day of HS FB Practice; starts at 7:00 am
1st Day of HS VB Practice: starts at 5:00 pm
|8/14/17||ACTIVITY PASSES can now be purchased|
|8/15 -16||New Student Registration (for Grades 1-12) from 9:00am - 3:00pm|
|8/17/17||Kindergarten Meet & Greet|
Scobey Elementary School Room 302 from 5:00-7:00 pm
Child must be 5 years of age by September 10, 2017
|8/18/17||1st Day of JH FB practice @ 5:30 pm; Meet at the school for a team meeting and equipment checkout first|
|8/23/17||'17-'18 SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS!! WELCOME BACK!!|
|8/23/17||1st Day of JH VB Practice; starts at 4:00 pm (Date/Time is subject to change)|
FACILITY USE AGREEMENT
Access to the Scobey Schools has changed. In place of a one-time signature and fee, each year on July 1st your signature will be de-activated from the system. To-reactivate, you will need to re-sign this agreement and pay an annual fee of $10.00. Students and senior citizens are exempt from the annual fee, however to be registered in the system they will still be required to sign this agreement, register their fingerprint, and pay a one time fee of $5.00
To access the school, scanners are located on the north door of the commons and the south door of the school. To exit the building, you will need to push the exit button by the door to release the lock.
The following rules will be followed at all times when you are entered in the system:
1. Access to the school will be every day from 5:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. for community members.If for any reason the facility is not going to be available for use, a notice will be posted.
2. If you use any equipment (balls, weights, etc.) they are to be put away when done using them.If you notice any of the equipment needs repairs, please notify the office.
3. If you are the last one to leave the room – gym, weight room, etc., shut off the lights.
4. AT NO TIME SHOULD STREET SHOES BE WORN ON THE GYM FLOOR.
5. Liquids other than water are NOT allowed in the gym at any time.
6. Please pick up all of your garbage when you leave.
7. You are responsible for any person that enters with you.
8. Children and students K-8 are not allowed in the building after hours without a parent or responsible adult.
9. When you enter the building with your child(ren) you are responsible for them.They should be supervised at all times.For safety reasons, do not let your child(ren) run “free” around the school.
10. Students are not allowed in the gym after 6:30 on Wednesday or before noon on Sunday. (Board Policy)
11. Doors should not be propped open.
AT NO TIME SHOULD YOU EVER ACCESS/OPEN THE DOORS FOR YOUR CHILD(REN) OR OTHER COMMUNITY MEMBERS AND NOT STAY WITH THEM.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in your de-activation from the system until you meet with the school administration. Security cameras are located in various parts of the school and can be accessed by administration if there is a need.
We have a great facility for our community. Please help in keeping it safe and clean.